Botanical Name: Cymbopogon nardus
Common Name: Citronella
Plant Part: Leaf
Family: Poaceae (Gramineae)
Method of Extraction: Essential oil is obtained by Steam distillation of the fresh, partially dried grass. The oil is a yellow to brownish yellow mobile liquid.
- Diffuse Citronella oil to ward off insects, especially mosquitoes.
- Apply Citronella essential oil to skin with Fractionated Coconut Oil for use as a topical insect repellent.
- Add three to four drops in water to clean surfaces.
- Diffuse to promote a cheery, optimistic environment.
- Use in shampoo and conditioner to boost cleansing while adding shine.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity, Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.